Friday, February 08, 2008

Now on E-Bay...

I have put a book on E-Bay called Chile con Carne or the Camp and the Field. I found out in my research that it is a rare book. We will see how it does.

Chile con Carne

Ok, so this fits right in with a tag from Mary at MoM2-2goodBoys. So... Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages.)
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Link back to the person who tagged you.
6. Tag five people.

From Chile con Carne or the Camp and the Field. There is a word in these sentences that obviously had a different meaning back then. I posted the next three sentences after the eighth sentence cause I didn't want to type that word, hope that was OK.

"Occasionally, also, little parties of horseman wound slowly and cautiously downwards. A false step of their mountain ponies might hurl them a..."

Not sure who to tag.

2 comments:

Nanny and Tessy said...

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the tag back. I really like your blog. Especially the posts about auction finds. I use to go to auctions with my mother who is originally from Ohio. Haven't been to one in a few years but....your blog has me thinking I should make a trip to Ohio soon!

Mary~

PaperSunshine said...

I want to play for the fun of it I am going to post here if that's ok :) The closest book on my desk next to me is Adventuring through the Bible and page 123... "The defeat of Saul came about as a result of his expedition against the Amalekites". I won't write all the sentences but the last one is good..."He was quite content to serve God as long as it pleased those around him". I just find that to be an interesting point :)