Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vintage Cookbook we bought at auction

I thought I would share a couple pictures of a Better Homes and Gardens Cook Book that we acquired at an auction.  This one has everything you would think, hand written recipes on loose paper, recipes from magazines and newspapers.  We have many cookbooks that we bought at auction but I think this is my favorite (yeah, a favorite cookbook).  My Mom had one from about the same time that I loved.  Hers was love-worn, probably even more than this one.  The year on this one is 1947, I think my Mom's was about 1950.  This may be one of the oldest cookbooks I have.





My husband thinks I have too many cookbooks!  Is that possible?  OK, I guess it is.  That reminds me my name was drawn for the cookbook at Cooking with Libby!  How fun is that!

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Cheryl! I love cookbooks, too! I have a REALLY old one I bought on Ebay a few years ago. I don't remember if I ever posted photos of it on my blog, or not...but I don't think I did. You just gave me a great post idea..and especially today I'll be posting my Nostalgic Sunday post. Thanks!

Katherines Corner said...

Great cookbooks! Hugs and wishes for a lovely week ahead! P.S. I'm your newest linky follower