"Google is discontinuing Google Friend Connect this March for all platforms except Blogger. It is also a strong rumor that they will also cancel GFC for Blogger in the near future.
Some of our terrific Blogging Friends got together and contacted Brent, the man behind Mr. Linky. He has created a new Linky Followers platform on which we can connect with each other. I’m still using GFC since I’m on Blogger, but I think this is a great new tool to have to stay connected with non-Blogger friends and, who knows what may happen to GFC in the future.
It's easy to sign up, you just follow his clear instructions. Plus, you don't need a blog to sign up either. Brent’s service is free and he has included some neat options:
- View the blogs you follow
- Read follower posts from your list or on a scrolling feed
- Group your followers
- Mark your favorites for quick access and viewing
- Plus, it’s much easier to follow back someone who is following you (unless you use the "random" set up on how you want your friends pictures to appear) I choose the newest to appear at the top.
- Plus you can even "feature" a blogger!"
I put the Linky Follower button thingy over on the side bar above the Google Follower button thingy, in case you would like to follow me on that one, too. Thanks! Let me know that you did the Linky Follower thingy and I make sure to go follow you too. (Now you see why I copied and pasted!)