Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My Sister's Birthday is today!

Ok, I have already shared these with my sister but I thought I would put these quotes here, too. I think my favorite of these is the Groucho Marx one. Terri, hope you have a great day today! Here are some fun quotes for you.
Love you,
Cheryl

The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune. English Proverb

Sing a song of Birthdays Full of fun and cheer And may you keep on having them For many a happy year. - Anonymous

"I mean, what is an un-birthday present?" "A present given when it isn't your birthday, of course." Alice considered a little. "I like birthday presents best," she said at last. "You don't know what you're talking about!" cried Humpty Dumpty. "How many days are there in a year?" "Three hundred and sixty-five," said Alice. "And how many birthdays have you?" "One." - Lewis Carroll

You make me chuckle when you say that you are no longer young, that you have turned twenty-four. A man is or may be young to after sixty, and not old before eighty. - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

# To me, fair friend, you never can be old, For as you were when first your eye I eye'd, Such seems your beauty still. - William Shakespeare

You will recognize, my boy, the first sign of old age: it is when you go out into the streets of London and realize for the first time how young the policemen look. - Sir Seymour Hicks

The first hundred years are the hardest. - Wilson Mizner

Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. - Mark Twain

Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest. - Reverend Larry Lorenzoni

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana. - Groucho Marx

Middle age is when your classmates are so gray and wrinkled and bald they don't recognize you. - Bennett Cerf

2 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Cheryl,Happy belated Birthday to your sister. Enjoyed reading the birthday quotes...thanks for sharing them.....have a blessed weekend...

DART said...

Hi Cheryl! Lots of good sayings here...hope your sister had a good bday! Cheers!