Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Dog Tired (E-Mail going around the internet)

An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home. He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, resumed his position in the hall, and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar:

"He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

7 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Cheryl, such a cute story. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,Shelley

Denise said...

Oh my gosh....... I would come and sleep in your hall also........ ahahah cute story....... I found you via Karens Korner I think...... I have followed several blogs and have ended up here.......... nice to meet you...

Happy New Year.........

Denise said...

Thanks for stopping by.... and thanks for the encouragement of my son.......... I know that there is just the right woman out there and I know that God knows her name... I am just trying to hurry God up a bit......... ahahhah I want to be a grandmother.......hahahha

Lori said...

Cheryl, How funny!!! Sounds like what a cat had done to me this summer for a month, but no notes!LOL Lori

regina barnett said...

I love the story. I have heard that story before. Thanks for the kind words from you. Yesterday my Mother-in-law told my husband I was a loveable person. That made me feel so good inside. Have a wonderful day.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Cheryl,
I have been offline for a couple of days and am catching up with everyone. I was able to do a post today. I do hope things are going well for you. When you have time, stop by. I have something for you on my today's post. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Cheryl,
I'm just dropping by to see how you are doing. It's been a few days since you have posted. I hope everyone/everything is alright your way. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.