Thursday, June 28, 2007

Lightning Bugs

This is a picture I took of a lightning bug in case you were wondering what they look like. You can click on it to see it bigger.


This is John's approach to catching lightning bugs. After your hand cannot hold any more put them in the jar. Notice them on the sides and the one that is on his arm trying to get away. Luke and Matthew would catch maybe up to 3 and then put them in their jars. In the morning when we let them go John let one go but wanted to keep the rest, I helped him let them go and later when I looked they were still in the same spot (didn't make it).


Matthew and a lightning bug.


You can see one lighting up to the right in the jar (really you can).


Here's Luke putting one in his jar.


Once again you will want to turn your volume down. I gotta learn not to talk or I need to whisper when I take these.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

They will have very fond memories of those simple yet special times.
:)

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad to have pictures of these memories.